Feb 27, 2018

Three Dice


Three dice. On a table. Seeking a destiny. A purpose. Something... legendary. Something different from being used as dice for Monopoly, when every time one of them would sit out, alone, being the third, and cry in silence. The dice need unity and a greater purpose.
So what can they do? Where cab they start? Well, first off, they have to jump off the table. Which means unbearable pain. Of course they can make it and nothing will happen to them, but it is the most painful thing for a die to fall. It is a sacrifice needed to make.
So the three dice jump, and scatter all across kitchen floor. One of the dice falls inside a basket, another falls under a chair, and finally, the last one rolls through the floor, and finally hits the trash can.
The die in the basket looks around, and sees a garlic clove. It gets close to the die and says: “Oh, how long has it been since I got to see another fellow!”. Its breath stinks and spreads all around the basket. “Forgive me”, says the die, “but I must go. It has been nice meeting you, but my destiny is for something greater. Also, need I meet my brothers I so dearly love.”. “What is this?”, replies the clove of garlic. “Oh, you thought you had a choice, didn't you? No, you're not leaving me alone here! I will not let you!”. The die looks at the clove and thinks. “Then, why don't you join us in this adventure through the unknown?”, suggests the die. “As much as I would like to, I too have fellow brothers I care for and need I not abandon them”. “Well,” says the die, “where are they?”. The clove stares at the die. “Oh, for how long did I not accept the harsh, harsh truth... Yes, indeed, they are not here anymore... The master made garlic sauce... It was a horrid thing but thought I if I forget such event or think of the possibility of another head of garlic broken into cloves for sauce I might still... believe in their existence. It is time to face reality and head for a greater destiny than a miserable life in an empty basket, waiting to be eaten away by some insect or rat or turned into garlic sauce...”
And so the garlic clove joins the die, both in the spirit of adventure. “Where are my brothers?”, the die thinks.
Under the chair, the second die looks around. It still feels pain, but is slowly recovering, as in the distance he sees a pencil sharpener. The pencil sharpener cries.
“What is the matter?”, asks the die. “Oh, for how long have I been forgotten under this stupid chair. Nobody wants me and I do not know what to do... I cannot move as I am full of pencil shavings... “. “Well, let me help! I am lost as I landed under this chair and I have been separated from my brothers by fate.”, it says as it opens up the pencil sharpener and frees it of its weight. “Oh, thank you so dearly much! But, after the way people treated me, I wish not assist them in any more of their drawings. The children have grown and do not draw any magical dragons or beautiful flowers for me to see their sweet innocent childish part; now they do homework and essays I cannot even comprehend and don't care about me, the one I watched them fully grow up, and abandon me under this stupid chair! I wish to join you in your marvellous adventure of curiosity, searching for the best, hoping for fate to offer you more than the boring life of objects!”
The die and pencil sharpener leave in search for the other dies. From behind a deep mumble can be heard: “I am not stupid...”, says the chair.
Near the trash can is the third die. The one that rolled all across the large kitchen at high speed then hit a trash can. It is most in pain and starts to scream.
“Oh, shut up!”, says something from the trash can.
“Who are you?”, the die asks.
Out of the trash can come out orange skin pieces. It's a horrible view, but the die is polite and says “I am sorry to see you in such shape”, to which the orange replies “It's ok. I am one of the ones not eaten as a whole, like garlic. But our fate is worse than theirs, as we are let to rot in the trash bag. You either die here or you die in the dump. Us organic objects suffer way more than any of you.”. “I feel bad to hear such horrible things you need to go through”, the die says. “Maybe I can help. Me and my two brothers are letting fate decide where we shall be taken, following no road, looking for a greater purpose. Do you wish to join us?”. “What you talk about intrigues me, but I have to lose more than a nine tenths of myself to join you, as only one piece of my skin can come along. However, I am willing to sacrifice a tenth of myself, so that I can leave this trash can once and for all. In my dreams will I see through my other tenths the horrible dump and feel rotting, but this piece shall live along these three noble and adventurous dice, following them in the riskiest of adventures! I might have little life left in myself, but I wish to use it to the max!”.
And so, after 5 minutes, the dice meet, together with the clove of garlic, pencil sharpener, and orange piece. And so they leave the kitchen, their eyes (which do not exist, they are invisible, surreal objects which define the object's field of vision) shining with hope.

Do you want a series of this? It's real fun to make, and if I see you guys like it I will make sure to continue!

1 comment:

Comment: