Feb 16, 2018

Bizarro


The dog looks at me and smiles. Its sharp teeth cover up its entire mouth. I enter the dog's house and close my eyes. The dog is running around the house, barking happily. I open my eyes. The dog is missing its teeth.

-Not again, Mustard! I say happily, as I pick him andthrow him on his house. His teeth suddenly start growing. I punch them and nothing happens.
-Good, I say as Mustard's tail starts growing rapidly all of a sudden. I sigh deeply and punch it. It breaks in half. One half is moving around in the purple grass like a worm and the other sits on Mustard's behind. Blood is pouring from its end. I grab it with my hands and start rubbing it.
-There you go! Now stay here, I've got some business to do with the Baron.
I leave Mustard behind, and start heading towards Ketchup Inn. This is where Mustard was first born. The innkeeper, Seal, a sweet young lady, gave it to me as my birthday gift. That year my wife died...
I enter the inn. A heavy smell of curry starts flying to my nose. I fling my arms to make the smell go away. It forms a red frowned face in the air and poofs away.
At the very end of the inn sits a rather plump and short individual. His face is of glowing red and he's wearing royal clothes, with a very tiny crown on his head. He is staring at a pickle on the table. The pickle starts rolling around the table, turning from green to purple to white, and then to green again. He smiles and starts applauding as the pickle stops rolling and he picks it up. He is the baron.
-Baron, I say.
He scarily stares at me with his eyes wide open. He finally realises who I am and finally smiles.
-Hello, he says. I have been waiting for you. Care to join us?
-I already said no, I say, looking down. Is there any other way?
-You'll get the flower if you join the guild, says the baron definitively.
-Alright, I'll join. What is it you want me do?
-Meet us by the Orange Forest, at Green Lake's shore. And bring Mustard with you.
I nod and leave. The baron puts his pickle on the table and starts applauding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: