Mar 11, 2018

Walking on Orange Alley at night


I wrote this text for English contest preparations. I wonder how my teacher will react... Anyways, it had to be 120-130 words long, without the given ending “It was only then that I realised they had mistaken me for someone else.”.

The one shortcut I knew to his house was Orange Alley. I had no choice, as it was late.
Everything was so... grim, severe in this particular alley, in contrast with the town's crazy night life. Some oranges were playing cards while others were warming their hands at fire barrels, an odd thing, considering how easily orange burn themselves. Everybody was giving me weird looks: what was an egg doing in such a place at night?
Through a narrow gap between two flats came four orages, carrying a cracked unconscious egg. Yolk with blood was dripping from the little crack, which looked like a hole from a gunshot.
One orange gave me a creepy smile I have yet to forget, greeted me and made me hide the egg with them and leave after calling me... Bert?
It was only then that I realised they had mistaken me for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: